From humble beginnings in a converted cowshed in rural Essex, to our vibrant home at London's celebrated Borough Market, McLaren’s have transformed the traditional Christmas pudding into a dessert of gastronomic luxury - enjoyed by children, cynics and aficionados alike!
Sandra McLaren designed the special recipe in 2004 on noticing that none of her family ate the pudding. She removed the suet and replaced it with butter, sourced the fruitiest ingredients including fine brandy and Guinness, created a special blend of spices and slow-steamed the pudding for 8 hours. Next year was a different story. And so McLaren’s Christmas Pudding was born.
There’s no wonder the Financial Times’ How To Spend It called it “probably the best Christmas Pudding on the planet”!
· We use only butter (zero suet). This makes it a lot quicker to heat up, gives it an incredibly light texture and makes it suitable for vegetarians
· We use fine Cognac and Guinness beer
· The only nut we use is a flaked almond
· We source the finest fruit, a mixture low on currents
· Matured for 6 months already
Microwavable to save you the time a traditional suet pudding takes
McLaren's Christmas Pudding
Home to McLaren's Luxury Cakes for the coffee shop and retail convenience markets. Also the producer of McLaren's Christmas Pudding - the UK's most luxury pudding. All recipes designed by Sandra McLaren with production divisions in the UK and UAE